Thursday, August 5, 2010

A very SUI day...

I never thought that I will have such a day in my university life...well, although I got a little bit exaggerate...

Today, 5/8/2010. I having class on 10am, but I and Sintat already decided to meet each other at 9 today as we would continue our FYP concrete casting. Yes, we are in final year already NOW... a year that is not sweet at all, and FYP is not a good thing at all.....

(Let's make some intro about my FYP, the only final year project, in my life... as to complete my degree in Civil Engineering... It is a project about studies on micro-structure behavior of light weight form concrete...means, basically the steps are... to cast some concrete, if not mistaken should be 140+, then wait for some days, longest is 180 days, leave it there, and crush it using an apparatus...Then, get the strength of it and take some sample of the concrete pieces to study its microstructure using some very expensive instrument... This FYP is tough coz microstructure is something quite detail about material and quite advance study...besides, it requires our hard works on not only studies, and also the real HARD WORK... means u will definitely get sweat and tired after the lab...cause we need to play with cement, sand, water and our hand, clothes will surely get dirty!!!)

OK... let's continue on my pitiful story today.. Although we decided to meet at 9am.. i was just woke up by a phone call on 9.30am. Thus, I rushed very quickly to uni by METRO bus... which i didn't pay for it at all, since the bus feler din ask it from me wad =P
So, end up i reached lab at 10am.

Upon reaching lab, the so-called good senior just finish casting his concrete cubes... OK, because we still have some mold for our concrete. Thus, we started our works by preparing the mold, using spanner, screw etc.. Finally, 8 molds were prepared. We planned to do 8 cubes today.

(Did u noticed that we start our work at 10, on the time which we should be in the class? LOL)

OK... then we also decided to use the orange mixing machine to mix our concrete. But... when we wanna use it... WTH!!! the internal of the mixer was so damn dirty... The so-called senior didn't really wash and clean it after using it just now!!! Really WTF~! So, we spent about half an hour on cleaning the mixer...

Everything done.. and we start our concrete mixing... Everythg seem smoothly... and we adding form into the concrete mixture.. (for info, form is added to concrete so to produce bubble inside the concrete as to make it lighter, thus it is called lightweight form concrete) Our target is 1300kg/m3... Well, we already tried mix it in smaller volume before. So, we approximately know how much form we needed. So, we added 2% inside.... and mix mix mix... OPPS! HOW COME IT FELT SO LIGHT ONE!!!! OMG!!! and we measured, ~1000+ kg/m3 =.=
So, what to do? we sadly... move the mixer to the grass area there... and throw all the concrete mix, our baby, to the grass area there... 8kg cement, 8kg sand which we collected quite a long time... were wasted... We ady started to feel disappointed... And the sky was so damn suit our feeling. IT RAINED... ya... it rained when we were cleaned the mixer, for the 2nd time, after we throw out our concrete. Cleaning the instrument and machine under rain, cool rite? ><

OK, 1st case gone....

Ya... when i was preparing the material... particularly water... when I squatted, my jeans felt like in tension, and suddenly "pliakkkk", my jeans broke...somewhere at my leg there.... so damn sui, dunno why....

OK, we were still not giving up.... But, we decided to cast the cubes in 2 times. 4 cubes + 4 cubes...After preparing all the material needed, we put the heavy mixer container to the machine there, and on it. Guess what, BLARRR BLARR BLARRR!!! DON'T KNOW which stupid feler went touched and adjust that mixer speed to highspeed!!!! and it caused the concrete mix all splashed out of the container. Sintat who on the mixer switch was the victim, his pants and shirt were splashed by the concrete also. It was a really OMG... the floor... also full of concrete. And thus, what to do? This meant that we failed again, and we have to throw and waste our 4kg sand + 4 kg cement AGAIN~! Sadly, we throw the cement n sand away, and continued the next trial....

Preparing evything. And we made sure the machine speed was in the correct position. We on the motor. Adding the foam and everything seem nice. But, how come the concrete felt so nothing! It seem like weightless AGAIN... OK, weighing it first, Sintat somemore wanted to cheat ourselves by putting more volume of concrete as more than 1Litre. But still, the concrete density was just around 1000+ only... Meant, we need to throw all these away again...

THUS, WE WORKED FOR THE WHOLE DAY... AND WHAT WE GET? WE GET TO WASTE A TOTAL OF 16KG CEMENT and 16KG SAND!!!!!! AND WE GAVE UP...

Few hours later, i called the Kaspersky guy, who promised me a job during pc fair, asking him about the dress code for working. Guess what he told me? He said he never promised me, and said he just told me that he will check the availability of the job without promising me anything, sweat. I called him few times before, 1st time, he asked me confirm or not that i can work, i said ok, then he said no problem also. 2nd time, i asked him is it confirm tat i will work already, he said YA, and said me alone only should be no problem, then said will contact me again since he was busy that time. OK, and now he just said a sorry to me. WTF~!

OK... forget it... i was truly tired the whole day. And, after dinner, i was sleeping from 8pm till the next day, which was just now, 8am.... ya, i slept for 12hrs... =.="

Since I don't work for pc fair already. I think I will continue do my FYP lab today. And hope that everything can really run smoothly and NO MORE WASTAGE ON MY DEAREST CEMENT AND SAND ANYMORE PLEASE~!! T.T

No comments: