Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend of WEEK 12

Weekend of WEEK 12 is ended. Don’t know why, this semester pass till very fast, fast till a bit too fake already. All of my coursemates feel that too. WHY? Is it normal feeling for a final year student? I just remember this semester has just started not long ago. It is started by a May Intake, and I was attending the orientation.

It is followed by icebreaking, city tour, and festival. Yaa, FEStival! It is a so-called last event in our term of being SRC. FEStival= a campus carnival which was just prepared everything by us in 19 days… ya, 19 days, which is NINE-TEEN! Although it was not as happening, as success, as the FEStival in my mind, it was a great job for all of us!

Well, since it is a final year for us, we have to do a project in order for us to be awarded the degree. This project has a name which u will never guess, the name of this so-great project is… known as final year project. What a good name ya? So, in my so called fyp (final year project), I have chosen a title by a lecturer of a subject in my course… I still remember, I choose the title is based on the lecturer. Well, some lecturers I have no interest on them, since they are some not as nice as we know them. Some lecturers are nice, but I have no interest on their subject. Although the subject of the title I choose is not really my interest also (actually I don’t know I have interest which subject in this civil engineering also… seem all also very boring =.= except, maths, maybe…) I choose this subject, concrete technology, because of my future career, maybe. Since I will be working in IJM, which is a construction company, it is beneficial for me to know more on the building material, rather than the design thing, which is not the scope of a contractor. Besides, IJM has a concrete factory as well. So, taking this title, may give me another path after my graduation, rather than just working at construction site. So, I choose CONCRETE.

So, what title have i chosen? Microstructure Behavior of Light Weight Foam Concrete. It seem like very PRO rite? Actually the scope, as the name, is just study the microstructure of the concrete. But, u think to study the microstructure easy? >.<>

And thus, the nightmare begins…

OK, don’t talk about those sad things already. Let’s talk about this weekend. 21st and 22nd of August, the days of which I initially want to go for a camp, Famine 30. I have taken the form from friend and promised that I will be going to help on the camp. But, when I know the date, I returned the form to him. It is not because of assignment, not because of test, or anything, but it is because of someone, someone I have known for 15 years, Khoo Yi Yan. She warned, erm… not warn laa I think, is invite or welcome me to go for her convocation of degree which drop on 22nd!!! So, what to do? One is a famine 30, which is a camp that I wanna go, another is the once-in-life convocation of my best friend of 15 years. No choice, I sacrifice the camp.

So, without going camp, that was what my activities for this Saturday and Sunday. Saturday, I woke up, not long after that, go to uni, to sieve sand for my project. Initially, I thought it would not be so tough, as I decided to use the machine. So, I brought my mp3, bought a Sinchew, planned to go lab, let the machine do eveythg, and I read newspaper and listen to mp3 alone. Who know, reaching there, I found that the machine plug is broken! WTF!!!> <>

Until 4pm, i stopped the sieving job, coz the sand is finished and thus I start to refill the sand from oven. After that refill the sand in oven from outside… When I move the sand from outside to the lab, there is a slope… and I was focusing on moving the sand and the slope was too steep, the trolley was lost of control and I fell into the longkang ><>

OK… what a pity day. I was quite pissed off of my life that time. 4.45pm, the lab was closing, and I have finished my refilling job. Thus, I went to DK there looking for any bus. I saw the bus uncle for genting klang, so it means that there will be bus at 5.15pm… OK, since I was passing by him, I just saja asked him…

”uncle, sat lagi pukul lima ada bus kan?”

“tak tau, tengok dulu lar… kalau ada orang, jalan la. Takda, tak jalan lor… kalau satu orang saja tak akan jalan la…”

“apa?! Satu orang tak jalan?!”

“tak boleh la… nanti bos marah lor..u panggil laa kawan kwan u mai”

“saya mai buat lab saja, saya seorang saja. Ok, kamu mau berapa orang baru jalan?”

“kurang kurang pun empat lima lar..bos saya marah saya lorr dulu sebab bawa seorang saja, dia kata petrol mahal”

“bos kamu sapa?”

“itu Kampar punya” (smiling there, but eye not looking at me)

“Kampar kampar lar, sini Klang Valley maa. Bukan Kampar yang control.. Bos kamu PJ sana ar? Saya mau complain sudah lor.. mana ada kata seorang tak bawa punya. Kalau tak jalan, saya Monday pergi dsa complain u punya bos. Itu tugas kamu semua maa, mana ada kata petrol punya” (i reli wanna beh tahan ady)

“tengok dulu lar… nanti baru mari la”

“ok, nanti pukul lima saya mari ar… kalau tak jalan, ari isnin saya mesti pi complain punya”

Finally... 5.10pm, it was really me alone only… and the bus departed… guess that he worried on being complained already… it should be himself lazy, didn’t want to fetch me, but all push to his boss..

OK, Sunday… yan convo… aiz… time really pass very very fast. I still can remember the day, we came to UTAR at PJ together… She came 1st with her family, and I went with my family… I at IKEA there that time and she phoned me, asking where I rent my room… and not long later, she said to me tat she rent room at the same row with me also…

We 4 ppl came to UTAR that time. Me, miao, yan and lijong… 4 of us came for taking the course of actuarial science. But, end up, just yan alone succeed to fulfill this dream… Me and miao had changed course before entering our degree… I change to civil engineering, and miao changes to EEE, and then change to KDU Penang somemore. Lijong and yan enter AS, but end of 2nd sem, jong change to KDU accounting pulak… The days at PJ is still vivid in my mind… I still remember the 1st mid term test in my UTAR life is computer studies. Then the 1st mid term that I worry in UTAR is Physics1… all of us scare of the subject. Tat day, I still told yan tat nvrmind la… in our life, sure hv to fail once de maa… have to experience the feeling of failing in test. LOL. But luckily lar, we passed ^^

So, fast… yan graduate already. Miao also finish his studies already. While lijong is going to graduate also end of this year, I think. Just leave me alone… who is still studying at UTAR.. aiz… But studying life is enjoying, compared to working life, I know… if without exam, test, report, assignment, then the studying life is the greatest one!!

One more semester, my degree life is going to end. I know, I will surely miss my uni life after that. Sob~


No comments: